Thursday 30 May 2013

"Fondant Cake"

After all that practice with fondant flowers we got to use them to decorate our cake. The cake was a basic white cake and the cake itself was two layers. I dirty iced the cake with buttercream icing so that the marshmallow fondant that we made would stick to the cake better. The marshmallow fondant was much tastier than the store-bought stuff we used to practice making flowers. I decided to cover my cake with white fondant and decorate the edges with stems and the top with pink and white roses to make my cake look like a bouquet of flowers. Also, to make the cake look more realistic I added leaves on top. As a finishing touch I added some red balls along the bottom of the cake. I am very proud of the way my cake turned out and I think the fondant flowers turned out well. This cake was very time consuming therefore I'm not sure whether or not I would do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment