Thursday 16 May 2013

"Ukrainian Easter Eggs"

The next assignment that we started didn't involve a product that we would get to eat in the end, but it involved a lot of work and if done properly, the finished product would be incredible. This project was Ukrainian Easter eggs. First of all, you had to design what you wanted to put on your egg. There are many different symbols that represnt different things. I decided to go with a fairly simple design that involved a few colors. I began with white, then moved on to yellow, then green, then blue, then dark red and finally black. I used a border around the side of the egg to add detail and designed a flower in the middle. To keep the colors separated we used wax while we dyed the eggs different colors. My final product was much better than I expected and I was very proud of my work. This project was very tedious and I can't say whether or not I would try making more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment