Friday 30 November 2012

"Gingerbread Houses"

Our next class assignment was to design and create a gingerbread house that would potentially end up being a part of a large gingerbread village with a Winter Wonderland theme. When I found out what the theme was, my first idea was to make Santa's Workshop. This was my first time making a gingerbread house so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Making the gingerbread and the icing and buying the candy were the easy parts; assembling it was tricky.

Santa's Workshop
Once I was able to assemble the house, I started adding the details. I began with adding icicles to the edges of the roof and then I placed the candy. My color scheme was red, green and white to represent Christmas and Santa Claus. Also, I placed a sign on the side of the house so that the idea behind the house was clear. I was proud to see the work of art that I had created and in the end I was impressed with my finished product. I will hopefully be making more gingerbread houses during the holidays to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment